İletişim Formu

Ad

E-posta *

Mesaj *

27 Kasım 2010 Cumartesi

Universe and Us



Altough we behave as it is just the opposite, human existance is barely noticable and tremendously exaggrated.

The first time I realized it, by the help of LE PETIT PRINCE, which happens to be my favorite book. St. Exupery, who was a pilot in real life, was explaining how humans percieve the world and how it is actually:

"When one wishes to play the wit, he sometimes wanders a little from the truth. I have not been altogether honest in what I have told you about the lamplighters. And I realize that I run the risk of giving a false idea of our planet to those who do not know it. Men occupy a very small place upon the Earth. If the two billion inhabitants who people its surface were all to stand upright and somewhat crowded together, as they do for some big public assembly, they could easily be put into one public square twenty miles long and twenty miles wide. All humanity could be piled up on a small Pacific islet.

The grown-ups, to be sure, will not believe you when you tell them that. They imagine that they fill a great deal of space. They fancy themselves as important as the baobabs. You should advise them, then, to make their own calculations. They adore figures, and that will please them. But do not waste your time on this extra task. It is unnecessary. You have, I know, confidence in me."

Thinking of my insignificance never made me feel afraid or powerless. On the controry, I was always excited about thinking of what I would be capable of doing.

Very late in my life, I came across this sentence of GANDHI, whom I admire a lot, as it made the whole puzzle much more solved for me:

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."

Form the link below, you may have a look at how insignificant we are:)

Giant Stars

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder